About Sea World
From the summer of 2014, SeaWorld Orlando became divided into several themed areas, called "Seas". They are:
- Port of Entry: The main entrance of the park with lush tropical landscaping and a large artificial freshwater marina with a Shamu-themed iconic lighthouse. It is the guests gateway to the many seas of SeaWorld.
- Sea of Shallows: This "Sea" contains most of the shallow water exhibits as well as the Dolphin Theater. In addition, the Manta rollercoaster travels through this section and it is also the home of Turtle Trek, a dome theater show. Key West at SeaWorld area is also inside of the Sea of Shallows. It was designed to resemble the city of Florida with architecture and landscaping reminiscent of the area. The exhibits in this part of the park include cownose rays, southern stingrays, green sea turtles, hawksbill sea turtle, loggerhead sea turtle, Atlantic bottlenose dolphins, greater flamingos, West Indian manatees, American alligators, bottlenose dolphins, and brown pelicans. The stingray and dolphin habitats give the chance for guests to feed the animals.
- Sea of Legends: The Sea of Legends is dedicated to the mysterious mythresembles and other tales told about the sea. Journey to Atlantis, a boat ride with roller-coaster elements, bases its story from the legend of the lost city of Atlantis. Next to the gift shop there is an aquarium with animals in an environment made to look like Atlantis. Also found here is Kraken, a floorless roller-coaster where the rider plays the part of the Kraken racing through the ocean.
- Sea of Ice: Sea of Ice, originally named Antarctica, is themed around the Antarctic continent. Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin is the sole attraction in this area. It is a dark ride where the guests follow a young penguin on a journey home after a harsh storm. The ride exits into the penguin exhibit area.
- Sea of Delight: Sea of Delight includes a sub-area named The Waterfront, which resembles a seaside Mediterranean village. The majority of the parks restaurants are here as well as many shops. The park's Sky Tower ride is also here, it was integrated into the theme of The Waterfront village when the area opened in 2003. The only land animal show at the park, Pets Ahoy, is located here inside of the Seaport Theater. Outside of the Waterfront is where the Sea Lion and Otter Stadium viewing area stands.
- Sea of Mystery: The Sea of Mystery is a smaller area compared to the others in the park, with the exception of Antarctica. It houses the shark underwater viewing and the Shark's Underwater Grill, as well as the Nautilus Theater, which used to show the Cirque du Soleil style show A'Lure, but now currently sits empty. It also includes the Sea Garden, a landscaped area with themed trash structures that are made from ocean pollution. The hypercoaster Mako joined the area in 2016, while the current shark exhibit and the surrounding area will be renovated to become Shark Wreck Reef.
- Sea of Fun: Formerly Shamu's Happy Harbor, Sea of Fun, is a children's area hosted by Shamu, the park's orca mascot. The area is located adjacent to Shamu Stadium and features family activities including Shamu Express (a junior rollercoaster), a net climbing structure, and a water play area. Signage here still refers to it as Shamu's Happy Harbor, although management and the map use the updated name.
- Sea of Power: Sea of Power is host area of the SeaWorld's iconic killer whale shows. The Shamu Stadium is located in the center with the Wild Arctic indoor pavilion nextdoor. Wild Arctic is a combined attraction which includes a motion simulator followed by an indoor animal exhibit hosting beluga whales polar bears. During the Christmas holiday season, Wild Arctic is transformed into the Polar Express Experience based on the Warner Bros.film of the same name. Guests ride the North Pole where Santa Claus waits to greet them. Shamu Stadium currently hosts "One Ocean" as its main show with "Shamu Celebration: Light up the Night" and "Shamu Christmas Miracles" showing seasonally.